Who are we?
Data is collected and stored by Andrew Storch Solicitors Ltd.
Andrew Storch Solicitors Ltd is a limited company, registered number 10330656. We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), registered number is 633309.
Andrew Storch Solicitors Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), reference Z919767X.
Reasons/purposes for processing information
We process personal information to enable us to provide legal services including advising and acting on behalf of our clients. We also process personal information in order to maintain our own accounts and records, promote our services and to support and manage our employees.
We may also receive information from other organisations, for instance courts, local and prosecuting authorities.
Type/classes of information processed
We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This information may include:
- personal details
- family details
- lifestyle and social circumstances
- financial details
- education and employment details
We also process sensitive classes of information that may include:
- physical or mental health details
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinions
- religious or other beliefs
- sexual life
- offences and alleged offences
- criminal proceedings, outcomes and sentences
Who the information may be shared with
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themselves and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- Barrister and Chambers
- Auditors eg. SQM, SRA, ICO
- Legal Aid
How Long will we store your information for?
Your personal data will be retained, usually on our cloud based computer system. We are required by the SRA to keep the data for a minimum of 6 years from the conclusion of your case.
What are your rights:
- Access to your personal data
- Require us to correct any mistakes or add any missing information we hold on you
- In certain circumstances require us to delete your personal information
- Receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you
- Object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing
- In certain circumstances restrict our processing of your personal data.
Who is our Data Protection Officer?
If you have a complaint